Tuesday, October 21, 2008

ASMARADANA






This dance was choreographed by my good friend Morina Mohamed to the song of the same name sung by Datin Tiara Jacquelina.

Before I go on, let me just say that she did an EXCELLENT job. AND...she also did an excellent job in passing the necessary skills to the other ladies (within the short time frame she was given) so that they could execute the dance so effortlessly.


From Left: Morina & Jan

Morina choreographed this dance for her trip to Christmas Island (where a big line dance event was organised) early this month. Not only did she put her creativity into the dance, she also used her creative talent to come up with the wonderful costumes using common everyday items. The only piece on the dancers that's expensive is their 'crown' and even that amounted to less than RM50. But the final effect of the costume is G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S, GORGEOUS!


Cendana Mas ladies & me
Back Row from L to R: Foong Lian, Rosie, me, Jan & Siew Looi
Front Row from L to R: Mei Mei, Morina & Betty


I thought it would be a waste if all that effort would only be seen one time at Christmas Island and then not again. So I invited them to perform at my party last Saturday. Luckily for me, they graciously accepted. And they did such a great job that besides putting the video up on Youtube, I feel its worth sharing it here too with visitors to my blog.

Well done Morina! And thank you CENDANA MAS dancers for a delightful performance.


No comments:

Blog Archive