Thursday, November 8, 2007

Deepavali Fun!

I had so much fun today teaching the Deepavali Holiday class at True Fitness, Jaya 33. On public holidays like today, they put aside regular classes and slot in a holiday schedule instead.

During the class, I taught 2 Indian-influenced line dances: MADE IN INDIA & DHOOM (WITH A BHANGRA GROOVE). The former is choreographed by Elke Weinberger and the latter by Kumari Tugnait (UK-Sept 07). Oh....and a 'bindi' was given to everyone to create the atmosphere.

To ensure maximum fun for everyone attending the class, I modified the steps for MADE IN INDIA to simpler ones and made it one wall as well. Indian-dance-inspired hand styling was added for an enhanced effect.

But it was in the second dance that I truly enjoyed myself. I hope it was the same for the members who participated. With hand styling for almost every move in the dance, and the steps matching the music perfectly, I almost felt I was in the dance segment of a Hindi movie ;-)

Keep On Dancing!

No comments: