Monday, September 13, 2010

WOW Shanghai 2010 - 4th Sept (Workshop DAY 2)

Day 2!
I wasn't scheduled to teach till after lunch so I slept in a bit. My cough had kept me up for most of the night and my voice hadn't quite returned yet. I was concerned that I wouldn't be able to teach since I had no voice. Fortunately, by afternoon, my voice was audible enough (with the help of a mic thanks to Lina Choi) to pull through.

I taught Wildcats Go! which Judy Chen had personally requested. She was there, so was Cynthia & several others & they had great fun learning to execute the moves & styling.....especially Cynthia :) She's such fun! She told the others......'look, look, if you don't know how to do the waist to shoulder bodyroll, just think of throwing up!'.... and then everyone got it! LOLOL!

--**--

Tonight's event is a dinner followed by a cruise on the Shanghai Bund.

Again, the dinner table was spilling over with food! By the time the rice came, most of us had surrendered! LOL. The last dish was buns. We had them packed 'to go' and ate them for breakfast the next morning. Deeee-licious!!

Part of the M'sian group

One of the many dishes

After dinner, waiting for the bus to take us to the cruise
I could still muster a smile for the camera, before the migraine hit full blast

The strain of trying to speak although I'd lost my voice had brought on a splitting migraine by the end of dinner. So by the time we boarded the cruise (after a long wait and an even longer queue......I've never seen THAT many bodies packed in close proximity, trying to get on board the cruise ship, before!) I was having both a migraine & motion sickness! Not the best combination to have :(

Someone give me back my sea legs!!
(Spontaneous shot captured by Jennifer Choo.
Thank goodness I didn't look too bad hahaha!)

(I had the best of time during the Ho Chi Minh river cruise during my trip to Vietnam earlier this year.....eating, dancing....so I'm not so prone to motion sickness as this episode might suggest).


I tried to enjoy as best I could, took some photos, but was really quiet and kept to myself the whole time. Those who were there and reading this post, I hope you understand now why I wasn't that chatty & sociable that night. I wasn't being unfriendly. Far from it......I was trying really hard not to puke. :(

Lovely Shanghai skyline at night


Allan recorded this short clip

Trying very hard to managed a smile under Allan's coaxing.
But I'm glad I took some photos

The bus journey home seemed to go on forever. By the time we reached Courtyard by Marriott, I had to visit the ladies' room to throw up.

Then we took a cab back to the apartment & it was straight to bed for me.

Hoping for a better day tomorrow :/


No comments:

Blog Archive