Tuesday, January 19, 2010

My New Year Resolution/Contribution

An article in The Star paper on Sunday (17 Jan 2010) prompted me to finally put into action what I had wished to do but never got around to it: to sponsor a child under the World Vision Sponsor A Child programme.

So last Sunday, I finally sat myself down in front of my computer, typed in the web address for the Malaysian chapter of World Vision (WV) and keyed in my details for the programme. On Monday, I faxed the application over to WV's office and today I received their confirmation email.

The simple gift of RM50 a month goes towards helping the child have access to health care, education, food, etc. The money doesn't go directly to the child, but is pooled together with that of other sponsors to implement long-term, community-wide changes that help break the vicious cycle of poverty. To find out more, check out www.worldvision.org or for Malaysians, go to www.worldvision.org.my

In two weeks' time, I should be receiving a photo of the child I sponsored. Can't wait... :D

No comments: