Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Tokyo, Here I Come!

About this time next week I will be boarding a plane to Tokyo, Japan as the guest of Hiro-san, the organiser of the 10th Tokyo Crazy Country Dance Festival.

In an earlier post, I had mentioned about this festival, but I had not mentioned my invitation as a guest instructor as my visa had not been finalised yet then. Hiro-san had actually extended me the invitation last year but because I had just delivered my 3rd son, Ethan, I had to decline. I did not expect him to invite me again, although I had hoped he would :-)

However, earlier this year, to my delight, he asked me again and the answer from me was a resounding 'Yes'. Ethan is now 15 months old and is an emotionally stable toddler. He has his father, his brothers, his grandparents, and the maid to 'entertain' him and probably won't miss me too much. I, on the other hand, will probably miss him terribly during the nights when I'm so used to having him sleep next to me in my bed. However, it's not everyday that I get invited to conduct workshops overseas! It's a privilege and an honour to say the least :-)

Had I gone last year, I would have been conducting workshops with Roy Hadisubroto. This year, the lead workshop instructor is Judy McDonald from Canada. The local celebrity workshop instructor is of course Yuki Ohashi, who was also my guest at my party last year.

I have been asked to teach 3 dances for the workshop, one of which is my own choreography BORN TO ROCK! For the other 2 dances, I have provided Hiro-san a few choices. He has yet to confirm his selection.

I will be taking lots of photos, I hope (may be enjoying myself so much that I forget to capture the moments, haha). Keep posted and I will share my experience and the photos as soon as I am able to after my return.

No comments: