Tuesday, September 14, 2010

WOW Shanghai 2010 - 5th Sept (Workshop DAY 3)

Day 3!

I woke up feeling much better than I felt last night although my voice was almost completely non-existent.

I was set for a review of Wildcats Go! this morning as all those who taught in the afternoon session the day before had to do a review the next morning.

Thankfully Jennifer helped me out. She was my 'voice' for the review. Thanks Jennifer!

Kate Sala had also lost her voice (this heat is getting to everybody!) and Cynthia helped her out by being her 'voice'.

Reviewing Wildcats Go!
Note to self: Never EVER wear this ensemble again!

Jennifer was my 'voice' as mine kept breaking.
Thanks Jen!

During the review, many showed interest in the dance & some mentioned that had there been a preview, they would have taken the class yesterday.... (big grin).....good enough for me :)

After review, I went straight back to rest as I had my final teach in the afternoon. Two dances: Walking On Fire (by Rep Ghazali) & What U Waiting For. The ladies were all smiles after What U Waiting For.....so I'm taking that as a thumbs up for the dance :)

Several people came to tell me they thought Mi Amor a lovely dance too after watching it at the review. (Broad grin)

Thankfully my voice returned to a decent enough level for me to complete my workshop. I stayed back a bit to learn the Kinsers' Dancing In The Moonlight but left before the end of their teach so that I could get ready for the night's event, as well as free up the bathroom for the Kinsers when they're done with the workshop.

Dinner was at Sports Hotel and then straight to the hall, one floor down, for dancing.

If you had 4 lovely ladies, two on each side, you'd be grinning like Allan too! :D

'Charlie' & his nyonya 'angel's ;)

As you can see, the colour on my face has returned :)

All the M'sian line dancers had agreed to wear our national costume.....the kebaya top.....for this final workshop dinner. And I must say, we looked good! ;) The other line dancers commented on how lovely our kebaya tops were.....Niels included :D :D

The rest I had during the day, and the 70% return of my voice had put me in a good mood. And I had enough energy to enjoy the night dancing away. Ahhhh.....I was so happy!

Oh! and I learnt how to do the West Coast swing! :D Or rather I learnt how to follow as John Kinser led. I had no idea what I was doing, but I was dancing! and it was pretty darn neat! John's an excellent lead!

Now I'm hooked but will have no one to dance with back home :( Might have to consider relocating to the UK where Jo & John are....hehehehe.... But seriously, I thoroughly enjoyed the West Coast swing with John Kinser.




with Wildman DJ Louie

A great end to the 3-day workshop! Everyone had FUN! I had FUN! Must save up for the next one at San Francisco next year. Keeping my fingers' crossed.

No comments:

Blog Archive