Saturday, December 13, 2008

Workshop with Amy Christian

Once in a while, when time permits, I attend a line dance workshop or two. This afternoon was one of those times and I especially made it a point to go because I've not seen Amy Christian for while. Wanted to say 'hi' and catch up.





As you can see from the photo, Sue was there too, and we took this pix specially for a mutual friend in Australia.

The day started off with fine weather but before the workshop could get underway it started to pour. And although a breeze was blowing, I could still feel the humidity climbing. After a dance or two, perspiration was clinging to my skin (not from the exertion) and my hair was drenched and lifeless. Urrgh.

But nothing keeps a line dancer down! Everyone gamely got onto the dance floor each time Amy started to teach a new dance. No one complained about the heat nor the humidity. Such great sports! All in all, we learnt 8 dances (but have forgotten most of them LOL!):

  1. YING YANG CHA (Niels Poulsen)
  2. MY NEXT LOVE (Niels Poulsen)
  3. LET'S BACHATA (Amy Christian-Sohn)
  4. KILLA (Raymond Sarlemijn, Michael Sastrowitomo, Eleni de Kok)
  5. NOTICE THE DANGER (Guyton Mundy & Jordan Lloyd)
  6. GOOD GOOD (Amy Christian-Sohn)
  7. WORK WORK WORK! (Amy Christian-Sohn)
  8. STING ME (Pam Leader & Ray Crum)
W O W!


Although my brain was saturated by the end of the workshop, I had a great time....catching up with Amy and friends and dancing, of course!



Thanks Amy for sharing and thanks Margaret for organising the workshop.





No comments: